ALLERCEPT® Therapy Shots
ALLERCEPT® immunotherapy treatments are formulated based on ALLERCEPT test results, the clinical history of the allergic animal, and geographical region. While every animal responds differently , most animals respond positively with relief in 3-6 months. Effective immunotherapy can be sustained safely throughout the life of the animal.
Along with ALLERCEPT Therapy Drops, Therapy Shots move immunotherapy from a last resort to the first choice for treating allergies.
PIONEERING VETERINARY ALLERGY SOLUTIONS
ALLERCEPT® test results provide the foundation for appropriate selection of allergens for specific allergy treatment. While steroid drugs are often used for short-term relief from the clinical signs of allergy, prolonged use of steroids can have serious side effects. Antihistamines, fatty acids, and shampoos can help, but typically provide only temporary and limited benefit. Immunotherapy is, by far, the safest, most effective treatment for pets with allergies.
ALLERCEPT immunotherapy treatments are formulated based on ALLERCEPT test results, the clinical history of the allergic animal, and geographical region. Most animals respond positively with relief in 3 to 6 months.
- Effective Relief: Subcutaneous immunotherapy is successful in 60–80% of patients.
- Safe, Long-Term Treatment: None of the side effects and complications commonly associated with continuous, long-term corticosteroid treatment.
- Precise Prescriptions: Precise testing virtually eliminates exposure to (and expense of) unnecessary allergens.
- World Class Support
— Heska’s Veterinary Diagnostic Lab: Test results within 2 business days.
— Easy-to-read and interpret test results
— Recommendation for allergen-specific immunotherapy treatment based on test results
— Free Consultation with Heska’s veterinary allergy experts at 1-800-464-3752, option 5.
- Regulated Product Manufacturing Excellence
Diamond Animal Health, Inc., (DAH) a wholly owned subsidiary of Heska Corporation, manufactures animal healthcare products based upon the timeless principles of quality and good manufacturing practices. DAH is a leader in contract manufacturing of USDA-regulated and licensed biologicals and an expert in the manufacture of FDA-approved pharmaceutical products for both large and small animals.
Highest Standards in Quality Control Protocols
- DAH has two fully-functioning Quality Control Laboratories ensuring all manufactured products comply with all applicable safety, purity and potency requirements.
- DAH has a fully-integrated Quality Assurance team that provides continuous monitoring of manufacturing and testing processes as well as provides calibration and validation functions. This ensures a consistent and quality product at all times.
- DAH has an extensive raw material qualification process as well as a continuous raw material monitoring and testing program that also ensures consistent and quality product throughout the manufacturing process.
- DAH has a fully-integrated Regulatory Affairs team that ensures compliance with all applicable regulations, USDA or FDA, during the development, manufacture and testing of all products.ALLERCEPT® Therapy Drops Production
- Immunotherapy is manufactured in a clean room environment with the added protection of extensive sterile gowning and containment hoods to ensure the highest quality product.
- Each patient therapy manufacturing record is triple checked by the Quality Assurance team, providing additional assurance that your patient is receiving the exact product you ordered.
- The immunotherapy manufacturing process utilizes personnel that are educated and extensively trained to perform their duties.
- The product is manufactured to ensure complete lot traceability for each treatment set.
Allergen-specific immunotherapy, or ASIT, modulates the immune response. It is a treatment modality whose success depends on accurate determination of the patient’s specific sensitivities, by either intradermal or serum IgE testing.
The mechanisms of allergen-specific immunotherapy are not completely understood, but it is clear that several different cells and processes in the immune system are affected. Dendritic cells, also called antigen-presenting cells, are cells throughout the skin, gut, and mucosal surfaces whose function is to grab onto allergen molecules. They then travel to a local lymph node, and “instruct” the immune system how to further respond. ASIT causes dendritic cells to induce production of molecules and cells such as regulatory T-lymphocytes, which further downregulate the immune response. Immunotherapy works to restore immune response back to normal Th1 (IgG) from the misdirected Th2 (IgE). It is a downregulation of IgE / upregulation of IgG.
Extracts of the identified allergens are mixed together and administered to the patient by subcutaneous injection, starting with very tiny doses and gradually building up to very large doses. This treatment was formerly called “desensitization” or “hyposensitization” and is often referred to in lay terms as “allergy shots.”